Search This Blog

Wednesday, November 26, 2008

Wilton Class - Grand Finale Cake (with a little help from my kids :)! )




This was the Grand Finale Cake for the Wilton Fondant & Gumpaste class I took in September. I made medium & large pink daisies with green leaves. I brushed them with pink & green luster dust so they really sparkled! I finished it with a twisted rope fondant border. I just love that Dark Chocolate Fondant! It's left over from the wedding cake I made this summer - so you can probably expect to see more cakes covered in it!

My children made the little bugs and flowers from the left over gumpaste. (I believe Larry the Cucumber is there somewhere!) They really did a great job.

3 comments:

Chuck said...

I am very proud of you - the kids might not have your talent in making decorations that look realistic but they really enjoyed the time spent "baking" with their Mommy. I am glad you got to go to the class even though it's not at the school but I have to say you are amazing especially since you taught yourself. You truly are amazing.

Chuck said...

YOU REALLY, REALLY NEED TO POST SOMETHING NEW! OH AND DELETE THE FACEBOOK PROFILE LINK! XOXOXOXOXO
LOVE YOUR MAIN CHICKEN MAN! :)

Chuck said...

Still waiting for a new post...... oh and you need to get rid of your facebook widget.

About Me

My photo
A Mom and a Dad enjoying life while raising our children in the relaxing setting of the north country.